Monday, January 2, 2012

Wow it's been a while!

  As most of my readers know life has gotten a little crazy for me as of late!  I welcomed my 2nd baby girl into the world in October!!!  She is a beautiful and healthy little girl that doesn't prefer to sleep unless curled up on mommy.  Sweet, but also inconvenient at times lol.
   So, the question many of you may have is have I been couponing since adding my precious babe into the folds of my crazy life.  And the answer is... yes of course.  Are you crazy thinking I might not?!?  I heart couponing and still maintain that no matter how busy you are there is always time for couponing!

There are tons of deals to be had this week, but I wanted to share with you as my first post back on my blog my little adventure I am on with a gift card.  My ever so thoughtful Mother in Law (thank you, thank you, thank you!) got me a $10 CVS gift card for one of my stocking stuffers.  My goal was to make this card last as long as possible.  So, for three transactions now I am still using "money" from that card.  Here I will chronicle what I got and how far the card goes.  (aka until I run out of ECB)

Transaction #1
(2) Theraflu @$4.77 with $3ECB and 1 $3/1 coupon. Plus, $5 Rebate for cvs gift card.
(1) Super Cute Xmas decoration at @1.99.
total= $9.25     leaving .75 on my original gift card.


This transaction became squirrely because when I went to print the form for the rebate it was gone.  Therefore, I took the theraflu back and received $10.35.  (When you use a coupon and return the item they give you money for the coupon and still turn in the coupon.  So, they still get there money.  I know confusing.)

Transaction #2
(1) Complete Contact Solution- used a rain check for $8.99=$8.99EBC
(2) Glade Air freshener Spray- used rain check for $.99 each and a coupon for $2/2
Total=9.90 after coupon
ECB received $9
Leaving $.45 on 1 card and $.75 on another.

Transaction #3
(2) Pantene Pro-V Conditioners used a $3/2 coupon
(1) CVS Reinventing Beauty Magazine $.99
(1)Crest Pro Health Electric toothbrush $5.99 and used $3/1 and received  $2ECB
(4) Nivea Chap Sticks $2/5 used (2) $3/2 coupons and received $5ECB
(1) Total Advanced Toothpaste used $1 CVS coupon and .75 coupon and received $1ECB
Plus, I had a $5 of $25 purchase, which I used on this transaction and used my $9ECB Transaction #2.
Total=$3.45 after coupons and ECB
I paid $1.20 from my left over gift cards leaving me to pay $2.25 out of pocket, (which pretty much was my tax.  Which can never be covered by ECB.)

So, I now have $8ECB left to use.  So, for my $10 Gift Card from my mother in law and $2.25 for tax from my own pocket I have gotten so far:

(2) Pantene Pro-V Conditioners
(1) CVS Reinventing Beauty Magazine
(1)Crest Pro Health Electric toothbrush
(4) Nivea Chap Sticks
(1) Total Advanced Toothpaste
(1) Complete Contact Solution
(2) Glade Air freshener Spray
(1) Super Cute Xmas decoration

I still have the $8 to use in the near future!  I will keep you posted over the next few weeks as I continue to use the "card" to make my purchases and let you know what I get and for how much!  I am so glad you decided to come back and read my blog and if you ever have questions please feel free to email me at brandicoffman@gmail.com.  I love answering coupon questions when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment